The rain fell down gently but just hard enough to make all other students scatter from the Quidditch pitch and seek sanctuary inside the castle walls. Lily didn’t see the perks of running in this type of rain. It was gentle on her skin and it seemed appropriate after the game they all had watched. It had been amazing, so close and just as Gryffindor caught the snitch the sky opened up. Soaking everyone in a soft down pour.
She looked up at the sky as the rain stopped touching her. James sat hovering on his broom bundled up in Quidditch attire, handing her a scarlet and gold umbrella. The pitter patter of rain louder on the umbrella fabric as the rain fell harder. His hazel eyes light in the setting sun.
“Good game Potter.” Her bright smile genuine. Something had changed between them these last few weeks. An arrogant smile spread across his face as he continued to hover over her.
“It was better then good Evans. Did you see see me score that final hoop? I was fantastic.” He winked and she now understood how that wink had become famous among the Hogwarts girls. It was something. “Headed back to the castle?”
“No, I thought I’d meander a bit longer in the downpour.” Her sarcasm was lost on James, his furrowed brow showing Lily just how deeply he was thinking. She had only seen that look once before, during their History of Magic O.W.L. It was an endearing look, to Lily it out ranked his flirty wink.
“Hop on my broom.” He demanded hovering lower.
“W-what?!?” She squeaked until the real meaning of her words hit her.
“No,” he shock his head in a bit of a panic, “I didn’t mean it that way. Lets just- let’s just fly.” His smile was weak, the cocky arrogance gone from him. He looked vulnerable in a way Lily had never seen before.
“In the rain?” Wonder in her voice as she peered up at the sky from under the umbrella. The rain was really falling now.
“It’s just water Evans. I won’t let you get hurt.” He held out a gloved hand for her, she staired at it wondering if she was losing it. Up at the castle homework beckoned to her but she couldn’t pull herself away from the mindset that if she went with him everything would change.
It happened in a moment. Her mind was made up, she lowered the umbrella as she grabbed his hand. Swinging her leg over the broom James gripped her hips as the broom ascended into the sky.
- kill-switch-eve likes this
- skyblue777 likes this
- lucianalane likes this
- lilyandthestag reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- nymeriiasand likes this
- perksofbeingthemockingjay likes this
- deadseadetective likes this
- sometimes-we-live reblogged this from itsacanofpeachessir
- pureblooder likes this
- enticing-nightmare reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- sdlmvaintrub reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- sdlmvaintrub likes this
- shoutatthepillow reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- dreamandloveit likes this
- themaruaderera likes this
- greendayloveharrypotter likes this
- brainy-thenewsexy reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- edith-97 likes this
- doctor-princess-barbie reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- hell-in-hello-sweetie reblogged this from whydoeseveryonekeepsayingthat
- dementors-have-the-tardis reblogged this from readinginordertolive
- dementors-have-the-tardis likes this
- readinginordertolive reblogged this from themockingjay-wholived
- shewasdramatic likes this
- themockingjay-wholived reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- arrianealtered likes this
- supasmilies reblogged this from pooypooygumdrops
- darkpathos likes this
- alwaysabookworm-26 likes this
- pooypooygumdrops reblogged this from insanityisa4letterword
- coffinprincesshxc likes this
- ivnnavelazquez likes this
- insanityisa4letterword posted this